1/30/2014

dry lip remedies


Being Canadian, I’m quite used to subzero temperatures. And with cold weather, dry lips are inevitable. Here are a few tips to help keep your lips soft and smooth year round!

The easiest cure for any dry skin, including lips, is exfoliation. For this, I have two simple methods. 

1. A Toothbrush

Gently “brush” your lips in a circular motion for a minute (tops). Key word: gently. The skin on your lips is very thin, so be conscious of that.

2. Sugar Scrub
Make a paste using granulated sugar and water and rub the mixture on your lips in a circular motion, again for only a minute.

Bam! Instantly softer lips.

best lip balms | marlee and youAfter an exfoliation such as this, the best feeling in the world is applying your favourite lip balm or Classic Cherry and Softlips in Acai Berry.
conditioner. I’ve recently purchased my first BABY LIPS by Maybelline New York in “Too Cool.” This specific flavour is medicated, so it feels extra cool and soothing. I’d definitely recommend it for the winter months. Other lip balm products I love include ChapStick in

Tip: try and make a routine of applying lip balm before bed to prevent drying out overnight.

Bisous

-MJ

p.s. I'd like to give a shout out to +Hannah! Be sure to check out her blog at Little Sparkles of Light for some cute and inspiring posts.



10 comments:

  1. Thank you! Very helpful post too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Great post ! ^_^
    http://foreignfashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should really start doing these two steps! Thank you for sharing!
    Also thank you for visiting my blog! I really appreciate that.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  4. grt tips:)

    I am following you now
    http://myfashionbaye.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! Especially during this time of year.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. we love the old toothbrush trick. it definitely helps to get rid of some of the dry skin especially during the colder months!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for these tips!! i seem to always struggle with dry chapped lips! :) And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've nominated you for the liebster award! For more info visit my blog xox
    oodlesojess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Nice a lip balm in the circular tins are amazing for dry lips. I have 3 flavors ;) and their all bomb!

    ReplyDelete