1/28/2014

resolutions | be inspired

inspiration board | marlee and you
As the month of January is drawing to a close, how are those New Year's resolutions holding up? I am doing just fine because of one simple concept: I didn't aim for an unachievable goal (like many stereotypical resolutions can turn out to be). What's my resolution? It's quite simple - to be inspired.

I get that inspiration is a vast idea, but I've realized that being a student has lead me to push aside the things I love doing... the things that inspire me. Today I took some time flipping through my favourite magazines and cutting out articles, photos and ads that inspire me to be more creative in my day-to-day life. I pinned all these clippings up onto a bulletin board in my bedroom so I can see it everyday.

Try it! Find some quotes online to print off, or some magazine things, or encouraging notes given to you by friends and pin them all up to inspire you daily! Change it up every so often as well.

Inspiration boards like this can lead to new ideas, new projects to do, new art to be made and even (in my case) a new blog to be written.

Don't get overwhelmed trying to keep up with strict and specific resolutions this year, but try and make time for the things that you love and bring you joy. Strive for happiness, not unattainable perfection.

Be inspired

-MJ


4 comments:

  1. The inspiration board is a really good idea. Interesting blog post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yes,this is something I was meant to do but forgot about doing.
    really good post :) x

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little secondary apps on your blog, like twitter ans insta!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    Majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh what a great idea! I haven't gotten around to making a resolution this year. Been so busy with my wedding that I never had time to sit down and plan for my 2014 resolutions.

    ReplyDelete