2/06/2014

DIY heart envelope

Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and if you're old fashioned like me, you like to add cute handmade details to the gifts and cards you send. I thought I'd post a little DIY card/envelope idea that I'll be doing this year to give to my mom. This is a simple way to send some love this Valentine's Day, and if you're not into this holiday, maybe save this idea for another occasion!
DIY heart card | marlee and you
I used one-sided card stock paper with glitter by Hopscotch

Supplies:
-patterned paper
-scissors
-hot glue

marlee and you


Steps:
1. Cut a heart shape out of patterned paper. If you're using one-sided paper, flip the heart over so that the blank side is facing up. Turn the heart upside down.
2. Fold in both sides an equal amount (I did about an inch). This step determines the final shape of the envelope...
3. Fold up the bottom to cover the side folds.
4. Fold down the top point

DIY valentine card | marlee and you

From here, you can do as you wish. I chose to write a Valentine message on the blank side of my
heart, but you could also cut a piece of paper or make a card that will fit nicely inside the envelope you've made. To add some final touches I hot glued a dab to lightly seal the envelope, then added a heart on the front.

Let me know if you end up trying this out!

xo

-MJ


12 comments:

  1. such a pretty envelope !!! thanks for the follow dear ! following you back :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea :)

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat idea! Now following your fab blog honey, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww these are all so cute <3

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i wasn't single so I could make this for someone haha
    Any who, cute idea and i love how your blog looks!

    Arayne x
    http://arianaly.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely idea! just followed your blog xx

    ~~
    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a good idea! just followed! x

    http://lifeofsarahx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good idea! I've never heard of this. It's so creative and sweet. Perfect for Valentine's Day. :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea for valentine's day :) I follow your blog. Maybe you want to follow me too? xx
    BeautyKissesUK.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, great post - perfect for V Day!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey what fantastic idea for valentines day. Well done. *follower, follow me:
    http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete