3/04/2014

DIY dream jar | inspiration


Earlier this year I shared my resolution for 2014, which is to be inspired. As part of keeping up with this new and more positive daily attitude, I started my own little dream jar!

dream jar | marlee and you

The idea behind this is for me to write down future dreams (whether they could come true tomorrow, or 20 years from now) on a piece of paper, fold them up, and keep them in a jar. At the end of this year, and every year to follow, I will open up the jar, read each paper, and remove the ones that I have achieved to post them on my inspiration board to remind myself of what I've accomplished.

dream jar | marlee and you

If you want to do this for 2014, all you've got to do is find a jar (I used a mini mason jar I found around my house) and label it if you wish. I cut a slit in a piece of paper to top the jar, but you don't have to do that step. Then cut some strips of paper, colourful or not, and keep them close by to write down your dreams, goals and aspirations as they come to you.

I keep my jar in a place where I see it countless times a day. It's a great reminder for me to keep dreaming, but to also strive to reach those goals I've already set.

What's one thing you've always wanted to do or achieve?

-MJ


14 comments:

  1. Love this xx

    http://splashofpearls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea! Love it.
    http://www.offthenutshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the bucket list! I have a goal to create mine before my next birthday, may have to borrow this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea...and great to keep you motivated too! Thanks for sharing. Danielle x

    frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! Sounds like a project for my weekend off :)

    http://lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cute idea to keep yourself motivated to archieve your goals in life :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dream jars are amazing, I still want to make one. :)

    xx

    http://www.danielleharens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a very good idea, so inspirational! I'll do it and I'll also be motivated all year long!

    camstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It a lovely idea but, personally, i prefer using bucketlist.org because it suggests to me a lot of new and crazy ideas!

    Nikami |Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh cool! I'd never heard of this site before
      thanks for sharing!
      -MJ

      Delete
  10. Lovely idea! I've seen this used for reading goals too. You write all of the books you'd like to read then pull one out everytime you are choosing a book :)

    www.sapphirevalentino.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful idea! It looks very pretty as well. I've made a wishlist on my blog with things I would like to achieve. The biggest thing on my list is starting a Bed & Breakfast in England (but then I'll have to move to England first, haha).

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete