3/08/2014

two-cupcake recipe

cupcake | marlee and you

I found a recipe that makes cupcakes for two on the site How Sweet It Is. This recipe is perfect for when you want to satisfy a sweet tooth craving and don't want to make two dozen cupcakes. I thought this idea was genius, so I gave it a try! I did end up making a few alterations to the cooking time, and my cupcakes weren't as light a fluffy as the one's from the website, but I think they were a success anyway!

cupcakes | marlee and you

Cupcakes for Two

1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.
*I added at least 5 minutes to the cooking time, be sure to check that your cupcakes are baked through with a toothpick

I made these for my boyfriend and I as a yummy dessert and "frosted" them with a piping bag of Nutella. So yummy!

Give them a try!

-MJ


9 comments:

  1. you had me at Nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy ! I'm hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy!

    kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, I agree I don't need 2 dozen cupcakes but sometimes you want a few or even for me and my husband. I am going to try this out.
    xx, Michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very good idea and the cupcake looks so good! I'll give it a try ;)

    camstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe!
    -
    http://bedeutungsvolle-momente.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumz! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet idea. Yea, the Nutella had my full attention lol!! ;D Two cupcakes for me! I'm really loving your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete