4/22/2014

book review: the body book by cameron diaz


I follow a number of celebs on Twitter, including Cameron Diaz - that's how I found out she had written a book! I was rather intrigued seeing her tweets about The Body Book that came out the beginning of this year. I wasn't quite sure what sort of content a book like this would contain, but I definitely wanted to give it a read. My boyfriend knew I wanted this book, so he got it for me for my birthday last month, and ever since, I've been hooked reading this book every night!

the body book | marlee and you

The Body Book is presented in three parts: Nutrition, Fitness and Mind. I really enjoyed how Cameron wrote this book in a very informal tone, creating a conversational vibe throughout. She starts off explaining how she wasn't always health-conscious and the negative effects her habits had on her lifestyle. Gaining an understanding of the importance of nutritious food, being active and breaking bad habits can lead to life changing results!

the body book review | marlee and you

"Just because you can put something in your mouth, chew it, swallow it, and then poop it out 
doesn't mean it's food. It just means you can chew it, swallow it, and poop it out."

This book is chalk full of of great quotes and inspiration to shape your lifestyle in a healthy way. Being in good health means that you have a healthy body that works at its optimum and has the energy to go all day without crashing all while fighting off illness.

The biggest habit this book has challenged me to break is my mentality that fast food is a good and convenient option. "Fast food isn't really food." ...I'm sure most of us already have a grasp of that concept, but we all truly need to be eating good, real and whole foods! Steering clear of processed foods can lead to benefits like clear skin, healthy weight and less chance of illness - sign me up!

the body book | marlee and you

"If you want to build strength, you must be comfortable with discomfort." 

The Body Book is also full of tables and diagrams to give great visuals for what's written. The book description on Amazon says that The Body Book is "grounded in science and informed by real life" and I couldn't agree more with that statement!

I would recommend this book to any woman seeking guidance in living a fulfilling, happy and healthy life! I've been truly inspired and motivated by this book, and I'm confident others will be too!

-MJ


7 comments:

  1. This looks like a great read. I'll have to pick it up! I love that CD is promoting healthy body image.
    Cheers,
    L A
    .Ravishing-Ruby.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I read an exert in a magazine a few weeks back and thought it was really good, but was concerned as to whether the rest of the book would be as good. It sounds like it will be!

    http://rainydaycupcake93.blogspot.ie/ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog!! For sure following :)

    alwaysiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this and wondered how it was! I love health books, sounds like a great read.

    xx

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to buy this! Thanks for the tip!

    (2nd Anniversary Giveaway, only 8 days left hurry!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this. I'm an avid book reader and am always quite weary of "celebrity authors" as past experience has shown me that they can be poorly written. However this Cameron Diaz one seems worth a try. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Thanks for adding me to your Google Circle, I added you back :) Can you follow me on GFC please? xx
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, Cameron's writing styles weren't amazing, but the content is truly great!

      Delete