4/16/2014

ipsy glam bag | april unboxing

 
april ipsy bag | marlee and you

Ever since I signed up last month, I've been anxiously waiting to get my first Ipsy glam bag in the mail! At first glance, I was super impressed! The bag was packed full and was shipped in a flashy pink bubble envelope - too cute! This month's bag was a music theme, check out the products I got below!

april ipsy products | marlee and you


Products:
cailyn lip balm | marlee and you

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm
A lip balm pot with brush applicator that is "ultra matte and super moisturizing." It shouldn't smudge or need to be touched up often, which is always a great feature! I believe I got the full size product ($19) in Apple Pink. It's a nice natural shade (although it looks yellowy in the photo, it's a soft pink).

cover fx primer | marlee and you


Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment
This is a lightweight primer that "helps keep skin matte while minimizing the look of pores and healing blemishes." Sounds pretty fantastic to me because I have trouble spots on my skin. I received a half-sized product (full size is $38, mine is a $19 value).

urban decay eye pencil | marlee and you

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil
A "creamy and waterproof formula" that is great for precise lines or creating a smokey-eye look. The shade is black velvet and is rather dramatic. I received the travel size ($20 for full size, mine is estimated $10 value).

white gold shadow mousse | marlee and you

City Color White Gold Shadow and Highlight Mousse
This is a great mousse product to use to brighten your eyes or cheekbones. I will likely only use this product on my eyes because it is incredibly shimmery! I'm loving the soft texture of this mousse. I received a full size ($3.99).

kiss eyelashes | marlee and you

KISS Looks So Natural Lashes
These fake eyelashes have a "naturally tapered looking end" to help visually blend them into your own lashes. These come with glue and look relatively easy to use, so I'll definitely give them a try! I received a regular package ($3.99). I've never actually used false lashes before, but they appear to be very subtle - perfect for the next time I head downtown and get dolled up!


Glam Bag Facts:
- originates from the US (offered in Canada)
- contains 4-5 deluxe samples or full-sized beauty products
- $10 for one month (plus additional costs - $4.95 shipping to Canada)
- products chosen for you based on beauty profile quiz


My Thoughts:
I'm really pleased with my first ever Ipsy glam bag! I got my package in the mail promptly, right in the middle of the month. The Ipsy team really took into consideration my make-up preferences from my online beauty profile on their site. I will make use of all of the products I got! The online product descriptions were really helpful to gain a better understanding of each item. I would recommend this subscription bag to any beauty-product-lover who wants to try new products that are out there!

If you want to sign up for next month, click here!

Have you tried any beauty subscription boxes?

-MJ 


3 comments:

  1. I was looking through their websites a couple of days ago and I was wondering if it was worth it. Now I think it is. I will ask for it for my bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Especially the tinted lip balm :) Is it really moisturizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far, I'd have to say it isn't as moisturizing as it claimed to be...
      for the best results, I've applied a moisturizing chapstick first, then the tinted balm, topped with a gloss
      it really looks great!

      Delete