4/29/2014

pinterest challenge: april '14


A few weeks ago, I decided to launch my own little Pinterest Challenge where I planned to make a post at the end of each month of three different Pinterest pins that I have tried along with my results.

Take a look at what I was up to this past April!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Results (right)

First was a DIY Mod Podge idea. I took an old jar and two candle holders and used tissue paper cutouts and Mod Podge to create this neat effect! The Mod Podge used in the original pin had a matte finish, and mine was glossy, but I love the way my creation turned out! Success!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Attempt (right)

Next I did a nail art design using straws! (I went for a blue look, because blue is my favourite colour.) I thought the straw idea was quite unique and I'm happy with how my first attempt turned out! This design will take a bit more practice for me to perfect, but I like how it's supposed to look more rugged.

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin

And lastly, I did a fitness pin! I decided to do this workout for abs, and let me tell you - it was a struggle! I haven't been as active as I should have been this past school year, so my muscles were definitely lacking. I wasn't able to complete this whole routine on my first try, and my muscles were killing me for a day or so after! I'm going to keep at this plank circuit until I can do it with ease.

Well, that's all for this month! I've tried other pins that I've posted on my boards this April, but these three were my favourites to pass on to you.

Have you come across an awesome pin-worthy thing to try lately?

-MJ


1 comment:

  1. The lanterns and nails look gorgeous, girl!

    ReplyDelete