5/03/2014

pretty hurts: my thoughts on beauty


[source]

I was at a complete loss for words after watching Beyonce's music video for her song "Pretty Hurts." The video footage was so gripping and truly got me thinking about the price women are willing to pay for beauty. Some girls are will go to such painful extremes in order to achieve a look that they consider to be beautiful. It's completely tragic.

I want to address the topic of beauty in a post for you to read because I have and will continue to feature beauty related posts on this blog. I don't want my posts on certain beauty products to be the reason why someone feels pressured to wear makeup or to be concerned about their appearance. I do not want to promote vanity in any way. But, with that being said, I'm still going to promote beauty - true and natural beauty.

I do not wear a full face of makeup on a daily basis (if not ever). I do, however, buy cosmetic products to use to get dolled up and boost my confidence for going out on special occasions. Everything in moderation.

I believe that beauty first starts on the inside. Don't ever feel the need to rely on beauty products or procedures in order to feel what society claims to be "beautiful." Every woman I have ever met has had their own unique and natural look that is undoubtedly gorgeous, and I hope that all women will begin embracing the natural features that have been given to them, instead of trying to cover them up.

Take a minute and check out this music video and feel free to share your comments and opinions below.

"Perfection is the disease of a nation"



Whoever you are, you are beautiful. How do I know that? It's quite simple - we have all been fearfully and wonderfully made.
Don't forget that.

-MJ


3 comments:

  1. Wow.... That music video was just so sad... But it sends a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the video. But I love your message; it is important to focus on true beauty! And no get so fixated on perfections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, the message that you have delivered is very important to me.
    Also, I just nominated you for the Liebster award! You can read the post here: http://heylauren98.blogspot.co.uk/
    Can't wait to read your response!
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete