7/28/2014

snail mail - penpals


snail mail | marlee and youCall me old-fashioned, but there's nothing I love more than getting mail! Real mail of course, not bills or flyers. I love receiving letters, postcards and greeting cards! Those things always bring me so much joy. This is why I was extremely excited to get my first ever penpal letter in the mail last week! Because not only do I enjoy coming home to something in my mailbox, but I also love sending things to my friends and family!

A fellow blogger, Alyssa, started matching other interested bloggers to become worldwide penpals on her site Ali in Bloom. I jumped at that opportunity because I had never had a penpal, but always loved the idea of getting to know someone that way and making a new friend from afar. I'm interested to see what cool things come from this penpal corespondance!

I'll be leaving in a few days for my month abroad in Germany so I'm getting ready to send multiple postcards to loved ones back home while I'm gone. For most things in life, I don't have much patience, but for some reason, waiting for a letter in the mail is one of my favourite things! I don't know why letter writing has become a dying art. Sure the internet is fast and convenient, but it's much more personal receiving a hand written message that you can physically hold and keep to look back on in the years to come.

When was the last time you've sent something in the mail?

post signature


3 comments:

  1. I love writing letters! I've been super busy and haven't written to my penpal in a while though... I'm also going to be studying abroad, and I can't wait to send postcards to my friends and family at home!

    xo,
    Zoe
    La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome you have a penpal too!
      Have a wonderful time abroad!

      Delete
  2. I love writing, use to do Postcrossing, but that turned out a bit too expensive sadly. I'd love to have a penpal again, it's been years.

    ReplyDelete