8/03/2014

travel hacks: space savers


Guess what!? I'm here! I made it to Germany for my month-long study abroad adventure! I'm definitely jet-lagged after 12 hours worth of traveling, but I've still enjoyed the past couple days that I've been here.

I just want to share with y'all two more suitcase packing tips I learned while preparing for my trip. Both might seem a bit obvious, but I had never done these things while packing for past adventures and I totally regret it!

travel hacks | marlee and you

1. Using a travel cosmetic carrier.
I use lots of beauty products on a regular basis and finding a way to bring all the necessities can be a little daunting, but I was able to make it work! I used my Mary Kay make-up travel set that has 4 triangular pouches that velcro onto an outer layer that can be rolled up nice and compact, or left open to hang on a rod in your closet while you're there! You can use the velcro feature to take off one pouch if you want to throw it in your purse for the day! Complete genius!

travel hacks | marlee and you

2. The good old rolling-the-clothes technique.
Using the rolling idea, I was able to pack a month's worth of clothes for hot and cooler temperatures in a regular sized suitcase, with lots of room to spare for any souvenirs I may pick up while I'm here! I layered each "roll" with a pair of pants or dress on the bottom, then a t-shirt, pair of shorts and maybe a tank top (all folded in half), then rolled it all up as tightly as I could - it worked like a charm!

Are you traveling anywhere soon? Let me know if you use these tips!

post signature


6 comments:

  1. Have a nice time in Germany! Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always rolled clothes separately but it was awesome when I learned to roll all the shirts together!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my Mary Kay cosmetic carrier! Have lots and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is 6 years my junior & the first person to ever used the clothes rollup technique. Amazing! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! Travel cosmetic carriers are very useful xx

    Beauté Within | British Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete