9/05/2014

5 healthy goals for the school year


healthy goals | marlee and youToday was my first day of University classes for this school year. I honestly think it's just human nature to be nervous on your first day of school (even if you're 20)! Let's face it - University is hard. The thought of future essays and exams is both exciting and daunting! I'm really looking forward to starting new courses, meeting more students and getting involved in campus life, however, from previous experience, I know it's hard to keep a schedule, maintain goals and keep your cool when things start getting hectic.

With all those pleasantries in mind, I thought I'd share some of my daily personal goals I have for myself that will help ensure a more easy-going school year! I chose these specific goals knowing that they are attainable and will benefit me incredibly through the months to come!

1. Pack a Lunch
One of my biggest weaknesses is all of the yummy (and totally unhealthy) food choices everywhere on campus. Not only are they overpriced, but they're also not good for you. Try and pack a lunch on days when you have lots of classes. It does take a bit of time to prepare before catching the bus in the morning, but that way you'll be able to create a healthy meal to give you fuel to keep going at school for the day!

2. Drink More Water
Everyone knows how important water is, and in a school setting, water is great to keep your brain sharp! Bring a big water bottle with you everyday and fill it up again if you need to. AND if you're feeling really ambitious, try eliminating pop from your diet completely! Let water be your primary thirst quencher!

3. Sleep
This one is usually easier said than done, but we all know how great it feels to wake up after a nice night's sleep. The amount of energy you'll have to keep you going will be worth the extra couple hours spent sleeping instead of cramming for a test. Try and get a minimum of 7 hours each night.

4. Take Time to De-Stress
It doesn't take long before courses start becoming stressful. Make it a daily goal to take at least a half hour to do something relaxing that makes you happy. For example, I love crafty things like painting, or you could do some yoga, or light a candle and soak in a bath - anything goes! Having a designated amount of time to de-stress everyday will give you something to look forward to while you're writing an essay or trying to memorize things.

5. Be Active
Being active is the most beneficial thing for your daily lifestyle. Staying active will keep you energized! You don't always need to be working out in order to be active. Try to bike places instead of driving, or join a recreational sports team!

I think it's important to strive to be a healthier version of yourself.
What are some of your heath goals for the upcoming year?

post signature


5 comments:

  1. Packing a lunch is one of the best things you can do. If not, you just end up paying attention to your grumbling tummy instead of the lesson. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! The lunch is a good one. That way you don't buy something unhealthy. I always did that a lot :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so bad at doing these myself! I really needed to be more active and de-stress more
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete