9/13/2014

cupcakes, cookies and pie, oh my!



I'm starting a cookbook collection for when I eventually get my own place and need to cook for myself. Surprisingly I only have dessert recipes books thus far (just kidding, it's no surprise - I love chocolate). Cupcakes are my favourite things to bake and share, and the book Cupcakes, Cookies and Pie, Oh My! by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson provides the perfect inspiration for creative treats!


Although the majority of recipes in this book are over-the-top and look a little complicated, it still serves as a great base for ideas. There are so many creative techniques I never would've thought of! I'm excited that the weather has started to cool off and baking season will soon be upon us! I'm sure I have a few major baking fails in my future, but I'll be super proud once I master one of these crazy cupcake designs!

What's the most adventurous treat you've ever made?

post signature


7 comments:

  1. I've also decided to keep a recipe book! To be honest, mine is just filled with breakfast recipes oops:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Breakfast is the best!!

      Delete
  2. I love those fish cupcakes!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, loving your blog :) those cupcakes look so amazing!

    http://www.itsmenciablog.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about collecting a few cookbooks for when I eventually live on my own! Great post.

    ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION AND STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most adventurous thing I've made was a homemade swiss roll and some chocolate cake - both tasted delicious :)

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete