9/30/2014

pinterest challenge: september '14


I had started my own Pinterest challenge a few months back and have decided to bring it back to life! My Pinterest challenge is an attempt to actually do the pins that I pin on my boards and share the results with you! Each month I'll choose three ideas, recipes or DIYs that I've pinned and brought to life. Check out what I was up to this month!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Re-creation (right)

Everyone knows that Pinterest is full of amazing recipes. I decided to try out a dessert-for-one salted caramel mug cake! The recipe looked straight forward enough. The only ingredient I didn't already have was caramels, and I didn't mind buying those... my sweet tooth was calling. I think this recipe turned out great! One minor thing was that the top half of the cake was rather dry and the bottom of the mug cake was almost too moist. It tasted great when I mixed it all up though - no complaints!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Attempt (right)

The next pin I tried was a DIY beach wave spray. This was a recipe to make a texturizing spray to spritz over your damp hair to make it get natural beachy waves/texture. My version, however, did not turn out. One of the ingredients for this recipe was coconut oil. Coconut oil comes in a solid form and typically melts upon contact with skin or under low heat. Even though I mixed the ingredients together after it was melted like the recipe said to, the coconut oil solidified in the bottle. I'm a bit disappointed with this one, but not all pins will be winners.

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin

Lastly I have a workout pin for arm-day! This one has been a favourite of mine all month! The photo here is just two of the five moves to try. What I like about this pin is that you can choose which weights to use and for how many reps and repeats. I've been using 5lb weights and doing sets of ten for each move. By the end my arms are like noodles. I'd definitely recommend trying this arm workout!

What have you been loving on Pinterest lately?

post signature


5 comments:

  1. My friends and I host pinterest parties once in a while, where we can try out different things together and laugh when they don't go as planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea!!

      Delete
  2. I might actually give the chocolate mug cake thingy a go...the recipe looks nice and simple enough :) thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with pinterest too!! I make youtube videos and I have a series where I do some of the things I found on pinterest! ( I have been slacking lately) But I do have 2 videos in the series up if you want to check them out :) my youtube is under beautyybychloe BTW I'm gonna go back and read all your pinterest challenge posts lol!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heared about this challenge! It sounds amazing though :) You did an amazing job with that mug cake, it looks delicious :) Your newest follower xx

    It would mean so much to me if you visited my blog <3

    Berry The Blue

    ReplyDelete