11/14/2014

patience


(photo)

I don't know what your current Facebook situation is like, but I'll give you a little insight to what I've been seeing in abundance on my Facebook feed lately: engagements and weddings. Something you may not have known about me is that I volunteer twice a year at the local bridal expos in town, modelling wedding dresses in a fashion show. Through these experiences, I've gathered stacks of wedding magazines and even considered becoming a professional wedding planner. I'd say I'm pretty in the loop with the whole celebration aspect of weddings.

Sometimes it can be hard, being a girl in her twenties, seeing everyone getting married and feeling as though you're being left out. Like I said, you may not be experiencing the bombardment of new engagement photos and announcements that I am, but I'm sure even watching chick flicks and seeing wedding-themed TV shows makes you feel a little impatient for your own big day.
(pin)

I stumbled across a quote on Pinterest the other day, and thought it was the most perfect advice and tidbit of knowledge I wish every twenty-something girl pondered right now: "You can't rush something that you want to last forever."

Think about it, if you're so eager to get married just to have the big wedding and party, then you're not ready to be married. If you've ever been in a long term relationship, you'd know that dating and being with someone takes work. Marriage takes even more work. Sure, making use of your wedding Pinterest board and getting to throw a big celebration would be nice, but that's not the most constructive attitude to have.

Don't worry about how other people's lives are progressing right now - focus on yourself! Don't rush into anything hoping for it to last forever. If it's meant to be, it will happen in time (just maybe not as soon as you'd like).

Personally, I'm taking this time of my multiple friends' future weddings to be happy for them and excited about their futures!


post signature


3 comments:

  1. I'm engaged and even then, I see other couples that are "ahead" of us because theyare buying a house, have nicer cars, etc. No matter what you have, someone has more than you. Instead of wishing you were taking that extra step, you have to be thankful for the step you're on (if that makes sense)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a no-brainer, but everyone needs to keep this in mind for sure- myself very much included in that! Great advice Marlee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, excellent advice :)

    ReplyDelete