11/07/2014

recent favourites


favourites | marlee and you

I've been trying out a few new beauty products lately and I wanted to share my first impressions with you! I've picked them up over a few shopping trips and I've been using them for a few weeks now, so I'd say it's safe to say whether or not they're any good...


1. Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop
I bought this item because I wanted to experiment with using oils during my skincare routine. I know tea tree oil is great for troublesome spots on your face (which I get quite often). I've been using this oil at night because it's not my favourite scent and I wouldn't want to smell it all day on my face. I definitely think it's been working effectively for me, so it's a keeper!

2. Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter from LUSH
This product has been on my Lush-wishlist for a while now. My hands are extra dry now with the seasons changing and I wanted a product I can bring in my backpack to school to use throughout the day. I use cuticle oil at home before bed, but I wouldn't want my fingers slimy when I'm on-the-go, so this cuticle butter is great! A little goes a long way, so I've put a bit into a smaller container so I don't even need to bring the whole pot with me. It's also great for any dry spot of skin - you can try it on your heels or elbows! There are many possibilities.

3. Triple Layer Tinted Balm from Mary Kay
I don't usually wear dramatic colours on my lips, so this tinted balm is perfect for me! I got it in the shade "Pink Again" and I love the subtleness of it. It smells good and is also rather hydrating for my lips. It's a good product to keep in my wristlet whenever I go out!

4. Dry Shampoo by Batiste
I've tried other dry shampoos, but haven't been a huge fan, because I have dark hair and it makes me look grey. I think the hint of colour in this Batiste shampoo for dark and deep brown hair is genius. Yes, everyone has been raving about the Batiste line, and I totally see why! It's the perfect pick-me-up for your day two hair!

What beauty products have you been loving lately?

post signature


4 comments:

  1. I love tea tree oil. It's super effective for acne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I on tea tree oil too. You should try it! Its really helpfull for the skin.

    http://www.vonsnef.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately tea tree oil causes be even more breakouts. But such an useful post! :)

    Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete