12/16/2014

Christmas gift wrap inspiration


(photo)

I consider myself to be artsy in many different ways. The majority of Christmas gifts I give consist of some sort of DIY element - including the wrapping! This year I was inspired by an idea I saw on Pinterest (here). Picture brown paper wrapping, names written in gold sharpie, and a nice red bow to tie it all together! Genius!

I went for a red and gold theme for all of my wrapping this year. I'm not finished shopping or wrapping all of my gifts, but I'll give you a sneak peak of the finished presents I have so far this year! (right)

My favourite feature of this year's gift wrapping is the eco-friendliness! I re-used the brown paper that served as stuffing from a package shipped to me. Not only am I re-using (and it looks great), but this paper can be recycled after the gifts are opened! Bonus!

I know the wrapping isn't the most important part of the gift itself, but I think the effort and thought can make any present become even more special!

Also, if you're looking for a last minute gift-exchange item for any upcoming parties, I found some really cool treasures at Winners this year!  I got a mug that's shaped like a pig, a pug poncho and a festive-scented Yankee Candle! Pair those things up with some Christmas chocolate and you've got a hit!

Are you almost done your Christmas shopping!?

post signature


1 comment:

  1. Your wrapping looks great! I like how it is so environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete