12/24/2014

pinterest challenge: december '14


As this year is coming to a close, I decided to pick some Christmas/winter related pins to try out this month! I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already! The snow didn't last long here, but I'm still hoping for a white Christmas morning - we'll see! Anyway, enough of this chit chat... time to check out my Pinterest recreations for this December!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Recreation (right)

First, I tried my hand at arm-knitting. This concept is totally new to me and I thought it was worth a shot. I've knit a scarf using needles before but it took forever and I never really wanted to make another one because of it. This pin lead me to a video that said I could learn to arm knit an infinity scarf in a half hour, so I was up for the challenge! It truly took no longer than 45 minutes to make and I think it turned out great! The yarn I chose is super soft - I love it! Definitely a success!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Recreation (right)

Next I made a music ornament for my Dad as a Christmas gift. I saw this pin and immediately thought of him, so I tried my own take on recreating it. It's essentially Mod Podge and old Christmas sheet music. I chose to use Silent Night because that's one of our favourite songs. I also used a rub-off "E" for a monogrammed look.

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Recreation (right)

Lastly, a Christmas card! This year I made so many gifts that I ran out of time to make as many cards as I had hoped. I found so many great pins to try, but this was really the only one I made! I think it turned out well! I already had green buttons on hand, and although they're a little too bright-green and not varying much in size, I think the effect is still there!

Have you been inspired by Pinterest Christmas DIY's this year?

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment