12/09/2014

student goals for winter break


winter goals | marlee and you

Now that I'm stress-free and examless I'm so ready for the Christmas season and all the festivities that comes along with it! We have our REAL Christmas tree up (it smells amazing) and the house is all decked out! Now that I'm able to breath and sleep easy, I'm enjoying my winter break and have a lot of exciting things on the go! I made a list of my own personal goals for this break that I think most students could benefit from...

1. RELAX
You're done! You did it! You made it through another semester! Make sure you do your favourite recreational and relaxing activities! I love doing face masks and reading magazines. Have a girls' night, bake Christmas cookies, sleep in! Do a lot of sleeping in! No one can make you feel guilty for having some me-time after you worked hard all term!

2. Read Ahead
Reading for school can be relaxing when you don't have a whole bunch of other projects on the go. I take a lot of English classes where I have multiple novels to read. I'm definitely going to be sitting by the fire with the Christmas tree lights on, reading some novels for next term!

3. Re-Write Notes
I don't know about you, but sometimes when I go back and look at my notes from class, I have a hard time remembering exactly what I was trying to say. While the classes are still fresh in your memory, go back and spruce up notes for your full year classes! You'll thank yourself later! All you're sacrificing now is an afternoon or two!

4. Resume
The most opportune time to apply for summer jobs always ends up being when school gets busiest in the new year! I'm going to be re-vamping my resume this winter break so I'm ahead of the game and ready to go when application season begins!

5. Relationships
Sometimes I get so incredibly busy that my tentative coffee date with a friend gets pushed off to a time where I can actually swing it with all the school things I have on the go. I currently have two coffee dates, an all-nighter games night, a girls' night and a family baking afternoon to plan!Time to catch up with family and friends!

Do You have any goals for the break?
post signature


4 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing! I think the most important thing to do over the holidays is to relax, or at least try to! :)

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh well done on being exam-less! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas time :)

    http://misslucas93.blogspot.ie/ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My exams are coming up and I have been relaxing as much as I can so my mind would be all fresh for studying x
    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have similar goals for my winter break! Lots of reading, relaxing, and hanging out with friends. But I also plan to get ahead and catch up on school work. I want to create a healthier lifestyle as well.

    ReplyDelete