1/12/2015

2015 reading challenge


If you weren't already aware, I study languages at university, including English Literature. I'm constantly having to read books, articles and poems for class that by the time summer roles around, I don't want to read another page of anything ever again. It didn't take long before pleasure reading didn't appeal to me anymore - which I'm trying to change!

My friend introduced me to the Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge and I'm totally up for, well, the challenge! I definitely think I can successfully read all of the following by the end of the year! Here's the list of books to read from the Popsugar site:

reading challenge | marlee and you
-A book with more than 500 pages
-A classic romance
-A book that became a movie
-A book published this year
-A book with a number in a title
-A book written by someone under 30
-A book with nonhuman characters
-A funny book
-A book by a female author
-A mystery or thriller
-A book with a one-word title
-A book of short stories
-A book set in a different country
-A nonfiction book
-A popular author's first book
-A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet
-A book a friend recommended
-A Pulitzer Prize-winning book
-A book based on a true story
-A book at the bottom of your to-read list
-A book your mom loves
-A book that scares you
-A book more than 100 years old
-A book based entirely on its cover
-A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
-A memoir
-A book you can finish in a day
-A book with antonyms in the title
-A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
-A book that came out the year you were born
-A book with bad reviews
-A trilogy
-A book from your childhood
-A book with a love triangle
-A book set in the future
-A book set in highschool
-A book with a colour in the title
-A book that made you cry
-A book with magic
-A graphic novel
-A book by an author you've never read before
-A book you own but have never read
-A book that takes place in your hometown
-A book that was originally written in a different language
-A book set during Christmas
-A book written by an author with your same initials
-A play
-A banned book
-A book based on or turned into a TV show
-A book you started but never finished

At the end of the year, I'll post which books I read for each specification!
Are YOU up for the challenge!?

post signature


3 comments:

  1. I'm still considering to do this, but I'm not sure, lol. Good luck :)

    x


    Dancing Shadows & Firelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take this challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete