1/29/2015

Grace's Guide: book review


I follow a number of YouTubers and love watching their videos. One of the first YouTube personalities I subscribed to watch Grace Helbig! I think her videos and silly approach to everyday life things are comical and enlightening. My best friend Daniella and I were super excited to see the movie Camp Takota that stars Grace and a handful of other YouTube celebs... but we were even more excited to find out Grace was publishing a book!


Daniella and I both received Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grown-Up for Christmas and finished reading it in record time. I figured I should share with you a brief review of this book's wonders.

Grace's Guide is sectioned off into advice for your professional life, social life, love life and general lifestyle. The format is so casual and almost conversational - it's brilliant! The colourful pages and quirky photos are the best! This is the perfect read when you want to unwind and not have to use your brain for school things.


Fun fact: Daniella and I have birthdays that are a week apart so this year we're doing a combined party. This was Daniella's idea and of course, she jumped right into Grace's Guide and pulled out all the good info from the "How to Throw and Adult Party" section... and we are literally following every step! This is one of my favourite parts of the book! Grace thought of many things (mostly learned through experience) that I never would've considered whilst planning this party! Thanks Grace!

I don't want to give a tonne of spoilers, but I will recommend this book to any teen/young adult searching for a fun read. Grace's humour is not everyone's taste, but I personally thought the whole book was incredibly clever. If you're a fan of Grace's YouTube channel, don't hesitate to pick up a copy of Grace's Guide and take it for a spin!

Have you read any of the recently released YouTuber books?

post signature


1 comment: