1/21/2015

how to beat the winter blahs


I'm sure extended amounts of snow, grey skies and short days are no one's favourites! I don't know about you, but I'd be okay if winter ended soon. We had a green Christmas, then got a big dump of snow the next week and it's been freezing ever since. Sometimes winter can get you down, so I thought I'd share some ideas to brighten your spirits and get some life back into you!

beat the winter blahs | marlee and you

1. Drink it up!
I like to think a nice hot drink can serve as a warm hug on a cold day! Sometimes all I need is a good cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate to give me a pick-me-up. Try experimenting and with different tea flavours or buy a fun flavoured creamer for your morning coffee!

2. Soak it in!
Another option to get you all warmed up and relaxed is to take a bath! Baths aren't as popular as they should be. No one seems to have the time to just relax and soak. Do yourself a favour and buy a fun LUSH bath bomb, put on some calm music and have a moment to yourself - you'll feel less "blah" and more energized in no time!

3. Sweat it out!
How are those New Year's resolutions holding up? If you made any sort of commitment to become more fit, stick with it! Working out can give you that pep you need to get through a long, tough winter day! Get some fit-spiration on Pinterest or try working out with a buddy!

I know these aren't the most profound tips, but sometimes we just need a reminder to do something for ourselves, relax and get energized. Winter can be gloomy, but there are lots of ways to keep positive and motivated. Maybe try and find a cool new hobby? The options are endless!

What gets you energized when you have the winter blahs?

post signature


2 comments:

  1. My favorite thing is to have a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent reminder to keep on getting fit :)

    ReplyDelete