1/31/2015

pinterest challenge: january '15


Another month, another Pinterest challenge! This January marked my first blogiversary! I can't believe it's already been a whole year! I've got three new pins that I tried out this month and I think my results are pretty decent this time around! I thought I'd practice a nail art design for next month and Valentine's day and I also tried a new cookie recipe and workout (to keep the calories of all those cookies in check)! Take a look at my pin recreations below and follow my boards through the Pinterest box in the left side bar!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (top), My Recreation (bottom)

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and I love dressing up my nails for festive occasions so I thought I'd try and recreate some pretty and pink Pinterest nail art! The lettering was definitely a struggle, but I'm still pleased with my results. I'd say this design is for nail pros... it wasn't an easy job. If you're feeling confident with your nail polish skills, give this pin a try!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Attempt (right)

Winter is baking season in my house! I love having an excuse to whip up something delicious. I saw a Pin for mint chip cookies and thought I'd give it a shot. I was a little disappointed in how mine turned out though... the colour wasn't quite what I expected and there wasn't enough mint in my opinion. Something might have gone wrong seen as my cookies look nothing like the texture of the ones in the original pin! They were still yummy... just could have been better.

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin

My friend told me she tried this ab workout I pinned and that she loved how it used different moves than the typical crunches and planks. I tried it out this week and immediately understood what she meant! It was quite the workout! Let me know which move you like if you do this Pinterest workout!

How was your January?

post signature


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete