2/15/2015

blind date with a book



I love being part of the Arts and Humanities faculty at my school! Studying languages is so much fun to me! But the reason I love my faculty so much is because it hosts really cool events on campus. This is the second year where the Arts faculty has hosted a special book sale called "Blind Date with a Book" to raise money for a local charity called Arts 4 All Kids. The best part is the unique way they did this book sale!

There was a big table set up covered in used books and DVDs that were wrapped in brown paper with a few clues about the book or movie written on the outside! No more judging a book by its cover! It was really cool trying to guess what sort of book you'd end up with - it was like a mystery game. I also loved that 100% of the money raised went to the charity!


I'm really intrigued with the picks I ended up with! My clues for the book were that it's a young adult novel, in New York high society, includes a suicide or murder and is written by a New York Times best selling author. Sounded pretty interesting to me. The novel is called The Heiresses and is written by the same author that wrote the Pretty Little Liars series. For the DVD my clues were that is was a romantic comedy, had a highschool sweetheart, with a love triangle, is "cheerfully crude and way over the line" and has some questionable facial hair choices.This movie turned out to be There's Something About Mary (which I've never seen before).

What I love the most is that I ended up with a book and a movie that I never would've chosen to read or watch! Now I just need to read and watch them!

Would you blindly buy a book?

post signature


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is a wonderful idea! Absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this idea before and if the opportunity came up, I would definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete