3/10/2015

#DearMe


International Women's Day was on the 8th of March and I was blown away by all the amazing and empowering articles I saw floating around the internet that day. Leading up to the 8th, YouTube started the #DearMe, encouraging female youtubers to share advice to their younger selves. I thought this was a great concept and wanted to share a few pieces of advice to give little me.

1. Don't take yourself too seriously
Childhood and preteen years are the simplest years of life. You have to make the most of your freedom! Splash around in the puddles, be inclusive at recess and don't make everything a competition.

2. Don't wear makeup
Seriously. You don't need it. A twelve-year-old doesn't need to apply foundation or spend countless hours trying to get her eyeshadow symmetrical. Sleep in, read for fun or cultivate your hobbies. Time can be much better spent!

3. Appreciate time with your family
We all grow up and move out and distance makes family time difficult. Enjoy the moments when you're all together all the time! Make the most out of the time you can spend with family while it's still easy!

I don't have any regrets from growing up, but I think all girls can benefit from hearing that it's okay to be a kid, have no worries and live how they want to! Even now in my twenties, I still don't have things figured out, but I know that's okay! I also know that no one needs makeup, but it's nice to get fancy every so often. And family is worth the effort that I need to make now in order to stay in touch. Too many girls feel the need to act and look older in order to be taken seriously. STOP THAT and just live your beautiful life!

post signature


2 comments:

  1. #2 and #3 are my favorites. Though, I didn't begin wearing make up till much later I still find it a waste of time! And as I get older, I realize how precious family is. Great piece! I think if I was to do #dearme I would add "give boys less attention" I was boy crazy haha!

    earthtocase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about family. When you're younger, you tend to take things for granted. Great realizations. Thanks for sharing!

    Lots of love,
    golden-cor.com

    ReplyDelete