4/15/2015

how to wear sweatpants


I went to a Catholic high school and the first thing that comes to mind thinking back to being a "Catholic high school student" is that uniform every student needs to wear. Yes, there were some advantages to having a uniform, like not having to think of outfits in the morning... but the biggest downside for me was that the uniform was never comfy! I love comfort and coziness and not wearing khaki pants!

University is great because you can pretty much wear whatever you want and let your personal style shine through your outfits. I like to present myself well, but my desire for comfy clothes hasn't changed. I try to find ways to make loose and comfortable clothes look half decent, so I thought I'd share a sweat-pants-outfit with you guys!

how to wear sweatpants | marlee and you

I loved this ensemble for my Mondays when I had 7 hours of class, and now it's a great option for exam season. Sitting in university lecture chairs or studying in the library is already uncomfortable enough, I may as well wear some flowy items that breath! Here I'm wearing my Roots sweatpants with two breathable tops. I try to accessorize to give the illusion of extra outfit effort, and I finish off this look with comfortable footwear like my Birkenstocks or moccasins! As a rule, I try and avoid wearing sweatpants more than once a week, but for those lazy school/study days, this is my go-to!

My tips:
-Go for a pop of colour
-Don't wear the "gross old sweats"
-Try and wear comfortable but stylish footwear
-Make an extra effort with your hair or make-up on sweatpants days
-Always accessorize! For the cooler days, opt for an infinity scarf

Do you ever wear sweats when you're out and about?

post signature


2 comments:

  1. Ok, not going to lie. I don't technically own ANY sweatpants. If I do, they're SOLELY used for sleeping and they usually come off half way through the night anyway haha. So I found this post extremely helpful because I seriously have no idea how to wear sweats and not look like I'm going to bed. I just wear tights when I'm lazy and when I workout its strictly workout leggings or shorts soooo sweats might start to make an appearance in my life. Great post and suggestions!
    http://figuringoutmyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, there is definitely nothing better than slipping into sweatpants after a long day of work...and then the weekend comes and it's two full, joyous days of sweatpant wearing!
    I absolutely love them, they are 100% my go-to happy clothes but I think they are extremely underrated as everyone just think they're sloppy and lazy looking, but done right they can be perfectly fine. Fitted ones in a neutral colour are the best option, I find.

    I love the look with the red top, it's really casual and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete