5/20/2015

pitch perfect 2 review


pitch perfect 2 | marlee and you
(photo)
It's finally that time of year when not only am I done school and able to hit up the movie theater, but all the good movies are coming out at once! I went to see the latest Avengers movie with some friends, then last night I saw Pitch Perfect 2! Don't worry, this post doesn't contain spoilers - I promise!

My bestie and I were super pumped to go catch this flick because we saw the first Pitch Perfect in theaters together! But of course, with every sequel comes doubts that the movie will live up to the hilarious standard set by the original film. Well, let me tell you, I was not disappointed by this second movie! I think it's safe to say that if you loved the first movie (songs, humour, love plots and all) you'd love this second one!

The songs, remixes and mash-ups were great (perhaps better than the first movie) and this time they featured an original song in the plot line. I can imagine some people might have mixed feelings about that part, but I thought it was neat. Daniella and I couldn't help but notice some similarities between past Glee plots and the world championship performance in Pitch Perfect 2. Let me know if you noticed that too!

My absolute favourite things about this movie were the return of awesome characters, the addition of two new Bellas, the songs (of course), and the casting of new vocal groups! For starters, there were trailers featuring the Green Bay Packers... their part was absolutely hilarious! But what I truly loved was that one of my fave YouTubers, Flula Borg, was cast as the lead male singer in the German national team! I'm German and really enjoyed some of the German-based jokes, plus I'm so proud of Flula and his success landing this acting job! In addition, my favourite accapella group in real life, the Pentatonix, had a cameo as team Canada!

All this to say I really enjoyed this movie and encourage any Pitch Perfect fans to go check out this sequel! I liked seeing it in theaters because it was a great experience to watch it all on the big screen with the great sound quality to highlight those beautiful harmonies! Do I think a third movie is a good idea? No. But these movies as a duo are absolutely fantastic and will soon be added to my shelf of DVDs!

Rating: 4.5/5

P.S. watch through the credits because there's an extra silly clip at the end!

Are you planning to watch Pitch Perfect 2?

post signature


4 comments:

  1. Marlee,

    So glad to hear that you enjoyed Pitch Perfect 2. I've been dying to see it but haven't had the chance just yet. Like you mentioned, I've been worried that it wouldn't live up to the original film, but I'm glad to hear from you and other friends that that isn't the case.

    -Kelsey Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still to see this movie but sounds awesome, thanks for sharing!

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this movie, Rebel Wilson is a gem!
    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent seen it yet but I heard really good reviews!

    ~shannon
    www.lameliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete