6/22/2015

pinterest challenge: june '15


Another month, another Pinterest challenge! At the end of each month, I share three pins that I've done as well as my thoughts. I want to encourage all fellow pinners to get out and do all those great DIY or recipe pins that their boards are full of! Here are my successes for the month of June:

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), Our Recreation (right)

My best friend and I both love baking together and decided to try out this recipe for salted caramel cupcakes that we found on Pinterest! I don't always make cake recipes from scratch, so it was a bit of work, but the results were fantastic! These cupcakes were so rich and sweet and delicious!! An absolute success! Sure, our icing was a little think and doesn't compare to the original pin's appearance, but it was tasty all the same! A definite recommend to anyone with a sweet tooth.

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin (left), My Attempt (right)

Tis the season for cute summer dresses, which means there's always the option to add cute belts as accessories. I pinned this particular idea a while ago and finally chose a belt-tying style to wear with a new dress I got. This pin has a couple other options that I plan on trying as well - I never would have thought of these on my own!

pinterest challenge | marlee and you
Original Pin

I know a lot of New Year's resolutions get renewed this time of year as people challenge themselves to get into shape for summer! I've been running since April (although I haven't exactly kept to my schedule) and I've searched through Pinterest to find new ways to stretch and cool off after running. This pin (a cropped version here) gave some good ideas and guidance so even though I'm not very flexible, I have stretches that can benefit my muscles after I run!

Have you tried any new pins this month?

post signature


1 comment: