8/16/2015

an EXCITING announcement!


If you read my last blog post, you know I have a special story to share today! I mentioned that while I was camping an event took place that I was completely unable to prepare for. Well, I'm sure y'all could figure it out by now just by taking a look at the photo below... I'M ENGAGED! It's been almost two weeks since it's happened and it still feels weird to say out loud! I plan on keeping you guys in the loop this upcoming year on all things wedding, so what better way to start than by sharing our engagement story!

engagement | marlee and youCory and I got invited to go camping with a group of friends, which apparently changed his whole proposal game plan! We had both been planning towards engagement, so I knew it was coming eventually, but truly had no idea when he'd actually pop the question. I unknowingly set him up perfectly, in a way that would make everything a bigger surprise for myself...

We started our camping trip on August 4th (exactly four and a half years since Cory and I started dating). It had been raining when we were setting up camp, but things eventually cleared up in the evening when we all gathered by the fire. I just so happened to look up at the sky at the perfect time to see a huge shooting star, which made me want to go find a big opening in the trees of the campground in order to stargaze some more. I asked Cory to go for a walk (which was what he had planned to do all along). But first, he had to go back to his tent to "get a flashlight."

We finally found a good spot to look at stars and were enjoying the moment when he put his arm around me and commented on how nice it was to go on this camping adventure, and how much he enjoys our time together. He asked me if I would want to do these things with him forever, to which I responded "of course!" The next second he was on one knee and asked me to marry him! I was so shocked, I forgot to say yes! He had made my ring box so that it would light up for me to see the ring! This was his plan all along!

Honestly, right now I still can't believe it's happened and that wedding planning has already begun! The best part was going home after our camping trip to spread the news of our engagement! We're so excited for this next step in our relationship and we can't wait to share these special moments with our loved ones!

This next year, I'll be posting wedding planning updates along the way, with tips and advice for any future engaged couples out there! Cory and I are younger than the average engaged couple, so we'll be doing things a bit differently - key word: frugal. Check back to my blog under the newly established Wedding category to follow us on this crazy exciting journey!

post signature


5 comments:

  1. Great picture! Congratulations!
    TJ
    from TJ’s Green Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that's so amazing! What an absolutely beautiful proposal story! Congratulations...the photo is adorable too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled for you!!! Such a cute picture! :) Can't wait to hear/read about everything!

    ReplyDelete