1/31/2016

chunky sparkle nail design


This past weekend I went to my very last Charity Ball event of my university career! How bitter sweet! Every year my school throws a big party and raises money for a different local charity. It's always fun to have an excuse to dress up during the dull winter months! Which also meant I had an excuse to paint my nails all pretty! It might take a bit of time to achieve (having to wait for each layer to dry) but the results are beautiful!


Step 1: Essie First Base Base Coat
Always always always start off with a base coat - especially when using a black polish!

Step 2: Essie Licorice Black Polish
It normally takes me one thick coat or two thinner ones to achieve optimal blackness!

Step 3: Nicole By O.P.I. Be Awesome Glitter Polish
For this step, instead of painting on the polish, I used a toothpick to individually place each diamond sparkle... I know this sounds extremely meticulous. You can apply the sparkle polish any way you'd like! I just found the polish-to-sparkle ratio in this bottle was a little off.

Step 4: O.P.I. RapiDry Top Coat
Finish off with a top coat to seal in those sparkles! Because the diamond-shaped sparkles are so big, it would be easy for them to chip off without a top coat!

Would you give this design a try?

post signature


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful nails! I think it's time for me to buy a glitter polish because it looks stunning!


    Camila | milasowhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete