1/06/2016

refresh: 2016


It's a new year! So many possibilities! Everyone loves a fresh start, and the mystery of a whole year ahead can be exciting and even scary. This is the time of year when people share their resolutions, swarm the fitness centres, go on juice cleanses and slowly revert back to their old ways by Easter (or even Valentine's Day). I've never been a big fan of resolutions... sure I've made them in the past, but unless I was constantly reminded of what I resolved to do, it would never happen. A video by Mr. Kate gave be a bit of inspiration this time around. It's not fair to yourself to make resolutions just for the sake of making them. I think goals are more important because there's something about resolutions that seems so finite. I can set a goal for myself that doesn't have a deadline or cut off date like a resolution does. All this to say, I'm going to share with you my goals for 2016 and I hope the video below can also inspire you to refresh this year!

This year, my number one goal is to focus on my own well being. I anticipate lots of life changes, stressful situations and times of frustration in the year to come. So many new chapters will begin in my life and during those times, my first instinct may not be to take care of myself: my mental state, my health, my passions... Cory always reminds me that in order to be able to help people to the best of my ability, I need to make sure I take care of myself first. I want to take care of myself by practicing yoga. I'm going to be doing my own yoga thing every day this month (I'll check back in February on that), just to get into the habit of taking 15-20 minutes a day to relax. I also want to be more diligent in expressing myself by journaling. There are lots of amazing times to be had this year, and I want to document them all!


Have you set any goals this year?

post signature


1 comment:

  1. love this! x, kenz http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete